Dev Ops Engineer
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a member of the IT team this individual is provided a unique opportunity to combine knowledge of software and systems engineering to ensure mission-critical applications are reliable and meet user expectations. The DevOps position is responsible for managing how the systems are configured for interoperability, reliability and scalability. This is also an opportunity to help us redesign our deployment methodology using containers and other cloud technologies.
Other skills required for this position include an ability to plan and organize work processes, manage priorities, meet commitments and deadlines; on our team we must multi-task and manage time well. This person reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Promote new versions of Numen™ to production during designated maintenance windows.
- Responsible for monitoring production environments for performance improvement.
- Seek root causes should problems arise in production.
- Build out and maintain development, QA and Demo environments in line with production.
- Write and maintain all build scripts in the Jenkins continuous integration (CI) platform
- Following source code control rules established by the team.
- Use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Attain knowledge of other internal systems in use, their data structures and programming interfaces (e.g. Accellos WMS, NetSuite, Satori Presort, Label Studio).
- Uses a structured approach to analyze and resolve complex problems; secures and evaluates relevant data from appropriate sources and trends.
- Maintain required technical/professional knowledge; keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work/educational experience.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration (Ubuntu preferred).
- Experience deploying, maintaining and scaling full-stack web-based applications.
- Strong knowledges of scripting languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience working with Docker and other cloud solutions.
- Experience with Jira agile development (or similar).
Submit your cover letter, resume, and/or portfolio.
Restrictions: DOC, DOCX, PDF, TXT, SMB
Click the Upload button again in order to upload multiple documents.