The Production Planning Division’s mission is to create efficiencies in the workplace and ensure compliance with G&G Outfitters clients’ brands. The Division’s scope of work includes but is not limited to production, project management, systems integration, corporate social responsibility and sustainability, and quality assurance. This mission will be accomplished using the Six Sigma DMAIC tollgates to create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) which are lean and sustainable, with an understanding that initial solutions must be continually improved.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Production Planner is responsible for analyzing production capacities and optimizing scheduling objectives to improve G&G’s On-Time Delivery rates. This includes assigning production windows and machines for orders, providing communication between sales and production teams, and auditing scheduling and machine queues to ensure validity of data. The Production Planner reports directly to the VP of Strategy and Innovation. His/her scope of work includes, but is not limited to:
• Understanding production cycle time based on order variables such as product lead-time, order quantity and setup time
• Assessing machine requirements per shift to execute client commitments
• Consulting with IT Development teams using “expert” knowledge of the organization’s business rules
• Communicating between various departments to advocate the timely processing of orders
• Providing systems support to sales teams
• Utilizing project management tools to assist in the execution of various process improvement or business analysis projects
• College degree: Industrial engineering, process engineering, project management, or business systems prefered
• Strong writing skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Production and Processing - Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help improve processes
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Time Management - Managing one's own time and the projects given by Manager, understand deadlines
• Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
•Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Hours are 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30am – 5:00pm Friday
• Depending upon work load, the employee is expected to ensure all priority tasks are completed before leaving at the end of each day.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and/or portfolio.
Restrictions: DOC, DOCX, PDF, TXT, SMB
Click the Upload button again in order to upload multiple documents.